SEXPO organiser Rob Godwin has warned Ipswich residents have not seen the last of his provocative advertisements, promising more are on the way.
Ipswich residents complained about his first risque billboard, which led to it being pulled down after only three days at its Dinmore site on Brisbane Street.
Despite the disappointment of having the sign taken down earlier this month, Mr Godwin said Ipswich had not seen the last of Sexpo, with more advertisements due in the next few weeks.
“A large proportion of Sexpo visitors come from Ipswich, so we’ll be advertising again in the region soon with lots of mobile billboards and broadcast-approved TV ads,” Mr Gordon said.
“The majority of readers who responded to The Queensland Times website poll and comments were in favour of the sign, so I don’t think people will find it offensive.
“With the billboard, only a minority of people were upset, but unfortunately their views had the sign taken down.”
He said the media coverage of the Ipswich billboard controversy – which even found its way to national breakfast show Sunrise– had given Sexpo welcome publicity.
“Having the free publicity in the press and on TV was definitely a good bonus for us,” he said.
According to the poll run on The Queensland Times website, two thirds of respondents voted “No” when asked if the billboard should be taken down.
The mobile billboards are expected to be driven around Ipswich streets on February 22, ahead of the Sexpo Brisbane event at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from March 4-7.
Television advertisements are due to hit our screens about the same time.
Sexpo bills itself as a health, sexuality and lifestyle exhibition open to anyone aged 18 and over